MIMS' PATHOGENESIS OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
- Shipping Charges Applicable
- Latest Editions
Mims' Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease is the landmark book in the field of infectious disease. The new, revised edition of this work provides a comprehensive, up-to-date description of the mechanisms of microbial infection and the pathogenesis of infectious disease. Presented in a clear, accessible style, it deals in an integrated manner with the spectrum of microorganisms, describing the factors common to all infectious diseases. Molecular biology, pathology, and immunology are brought together to explain the mechanisms for spread, immune response, and recovery.
- Describes the origin and molecular biology of pandemic influenza, HIV1, and HIV2 as well as the recent work on papillomaviruses, herpesviruses, BSE, and variant CJD
- Contains the latest data on tuberculosis, microbial evasion of immune defenses, and the spread of antibiotic resistance genes among bacteria
- Provides an update on vaccines, prions, immune evasion, and microbial ligands and receptors
- Gives an up-to-date picture of the global burden of infectious diseases
|ELSEVIER - HEALTH SCIENCES
There are no reviews yet.