- AHUJA EXCLUSIVES
- AHUJA SPECIAL
- AHUJA SPECIALS
- BEST SELLER
- GENERAL BOOK
- CARDIAC SURGERY
- FOOD & NUTRITION
- FORENSIC MEDICINE
- OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
- PATHOLOGY & HEMATOLOGY
- PLASTIC SURGERY
- RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
- NEW ARRIVAL
- OTHER PUBLISHER
- OWN PUBLICATION
Textbook of Medical Physiology, 4th Edition
Updated as per the competency based NMC curriculum
• Completely updated with advances in Physiology and Medicine
• Description of the text is fully structured with bulleted marks and point-wise explanations
• Learning objectives classified into ‘Must Know’ and ‘Desirable to Know’ are provided in each chapter
• More than 1500 schematic diagrams and flow charts are provided to explain the complex mechanisms in simplified ways
• More than 800 ‘Application Boxes’ highlight the applied concepts in physiology
• ‘Clinical Notes’ are provided on the pathophysiological aspects of disease processes and managements.
• Important points and concepts to remember have been highlighted as ‘Important Notes’ provided in separate text boxes
• Physiological basis of common disorders has been described as Applied Physiology at the end of each topic
• Important Questions for Examination and Multiple-Choice Questions have been added at the end of each Chapter
Complimentary e-book at www.MedEnact.com
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
New Chapters/Topics added as per the NMC guidelines:
• Aviation and Space Physiology
• Physiology of Stress
• Physiology of Yoga and Meditation
• Brain Death
• Free Radical Generation and Oxidative Stress
• Glucose Homeostasis and Pathophysiology of Diabetes
• Physiology of Thymus Gland
• Physiology during Infancy
• Pathophysiology of Cyanosis
• Pathophysiology of Renal Failure
• Body Fluid Volume Homeostasis
100 in stock
AUTHOR : G K Pal
ISBN : 8131265994 ISBN (13 DIGIT) : 9788131265994
EDITION : 4th Edition
YEAR : DEC 2021
PAGES : 1075
PUBLISHER NAME : AHUJA PUBLISHING HOUSE & Elsevier India
HARRISON’S PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE, 2 VOLUME SET, 21ST EDITION
Rs.13,760.00Add to cart
The Voice of Clinical Reason
The world’s most trusted internal medicine resource—fully updated with timely new chapters on the most important issues facing medical professionals
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine is the world’s most trusted clinical medicine text—and a superb resource for learning the art and science of clinical reasoning. Written and edited by the world’s top experts in their respective fields, this landmark guide provides the comprehensive, accurate, and essential coverage of the pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Generations of medical professionals have trusted Harrison’s for the latest in disease mechanisms, clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, practical clinical decision trees and algorithms, and much more.
1. Voice of authority: Harrison’s is a bottom-line resource for clinicians pondering the validity of recommendations in other medical resources.
2. Integrity: Customers around the world rely on Harrison’s and know they can trust the integrity of the content.
3. World-renowned experts: Harrison’s is written and edited by physicians and scientists who know their fields as well as anyone on earth.
4. Heavily illustrated: Over the past few editions, hundreds of quality diagrams and schematics and radiographs have been added, bolstering Harrison’s reputation as one of the best-illustrated medical texts available.
5. Updated Content: This edition features up-to-date coverage on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, including pandemic, sepsis, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and lung cancer; new approved therapeutics; new practice-changing guidelines and evidence summaries; and more.
6. New Chapters: Approaches to Diagnostic Accuracy; Vaccine Hesitancy and Opposition; Precision Medicine; Regulation and Dysregulation of the Immune System, Interventional Nephrology, and many more.
Carpenter’s Neurophysiology: A Conceptual Approach
Rs.4,299.00Add to cart
Neurophysiology: A Conceptual Approach offers a refreshing alternative to ‘learning by rote’. Under new authorship, the sixth edition preserves the legacy of the original author, the late Roger Carpenter, retaining the concise approach and readable style so central to its predecessors. Integrating the disciplines of neurology and neuroscience with an emphasis on principles and functional concepts, this comprehensive textbook covers the entire subject of neurophysiology, from the conduction of nerve impulses to the higher functions of the brain, within a single accessible volume.
- Everything the student of medicine or physiology needs to understand neurophysiology.
- Blends successfully the principles of neuroscience with clinical manifestations in line with modern undergraduate curriculums.
- Revised and updated, with a particular focus on proprioception, skin sense and hearing, including developments in cochlear implants, and functional MRI
- Over 500 illustrations, accompanied by full figure legends, also available as a download for use in presentations.
- Print and bundled eBook offer complete flexibility.
Full of explanatory colour diagrams, the book remains an unrivalled ‘one-stop shop’ for students of medicine, physiology and applied physiology, neurophysiology, neuroscience, and other bioscience disciplines seeking an integrated introduction to the challenging disciplines of neuroscience and neurology.
“Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: They feed the soul. When writers make us shake our heads with the exactness of their prose and their truths, and even make us laugh about ourselves or life, our buoyancy is restored. We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It’s like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. You can’t stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship.”– Anne Lamott